The Hempstore has supplied vaporisers for over twenty years, starting with old school conduction designs like the BC Vaporiser, and now stocking the latest temperature controlled desktop and portable devices. We were the first to import and sell portable vape pens for herbal use, and were among the first to bring e-cigarettes to New Zealand.
Vaping lets consumers avoid the harmful constituents of smoke and byproducts of combustion, such as tar, PAHs, solid particulates and excessively hot air.
- Please read product's instruction manual first. This guide provides additional information based on The Hempstore's extensive inhalation technology research programme. It was developed for Vaporite brand desktop vapes but the principles apply to the use of any vape.
- Chop up your herbs using a grinder - the finer, the better. Use enough so the air is forced through the herb, but not too much so the air is blocked. Experiment to find your ideal amount. Don't pack it down.
- Experiment with different heat levels to find what is best for you. A light, long, inhalation is best. Sucking harder draws the air more quickly, which means it will be cooler, and gives resins less ability to evaporate. A long slow draw gathers the full heat and will deliver more resins.
- Herbs are done when the vapour begins to taste cooked, like toast or popcorn. Gently tip the herbs out. They should be dry and crumbly. If they show signs of burning, reduce the temperature setting.
HOW TO USE VAPORITE VAPORISERS:
Supplementary Owner's Manual 2.1
VR001 Solo / VR002 Twins / VR003 Hyper / VR007 Nano
1. The Vaporite is a passive hot air unit that works as you inhale. The exact temperature will vary, depending on what you are putting in it, the temperature and humidity of the room, etc. To start, switch the unit on and adjust the temperature so the display reads around 280-300 degrees F (140-150 C).
- VR001 (Solo): The red light on the front of the unit will glow as the element is heating up, and will switch off once it has reached the specified heat level. The red light will occasionally switch on or off, as the thermostat operates.
- VR011 (Solo Digit): The LED display shows the set temperature and the actual temperature.
- VR007 (Mini Air): The light will blink when the set temperature is reached, indicating the vap is ready to use.
2. Chop up your herbs using a grinder - the finer, the better. Put a pinch in the whip's glass chamber, at the end marked "HOT". Use enough so it covers the screen, but not so much that it will touch the heating rod. Experiment to find your ideal amount. Don't tamp it down. When the unit has reached the set temperature, gently insert the whip and take a long slow draw. If this is not effective, raise the set temperature by 10 degrees and try again. Experiment with different heat levels to find what is best for you.
3. A light, long, inhalation is best. Sucking harder draws the hot air though the herbs more quickly, giving resins less time to evaporate. The vapour is almost invisible but you should see some wisps of it swirling in the glass chamber. The herbs are done when the vapour begins to taste cooked, like toast or popcorn. Gently tip the herbs out (don't tap the glass end against your ashtray!). They should be dry and crumbly.
- IMPORTANT: Any browning or burning of the herbs, or smoke or tar build-up in the hose, indicates burning and is an incorrect use of the appliance. Turn the temperature down and try again. If used correctly, no tar will form in the hose.
- CAUTION! The heating rod and the whip's glass chamber (both marked HOT) can get very hot with sustained use and should not be handled directly.
- CLEANING: if used correctly the Vaporite will not produce any tar and the whip and screen will never need cleaning. If you want to clean the whip, swirl some isopropyl alcohol or meths around and through it. The stainless steel gauze (screen) is intended to be permanent. If you do need to change it, soak the plastic hose in hot water to loosen it from the glass, and remove the existing screen. Insert a chopstick into the hose end of the chamber, to act as a "backstop". Push in a fresh screen from the end marked "HOT", using the chopstick to stop it going through.
- SPARE PARTS: Whips, mouthpieces, and heating rods are available. Please call or visit if you require any.
12 Month Warranty
Although perceived results may vary, the Vaporite is guaranteed to work as intended and be free from manufacturing defects for a period of six months from the date of purchase. If it malfunctions, return it to us at the address below:
The Hempstore - Returns
253 Karangahape Road
If the unit has malfunctioned within 1 month of purchase, we will provide a free replacement, or a refund if that is not possible. If the unit has malfunctioned within the remainder of the warranty period, we will at our discretion either repair it, provide a replacement, or refund the purchase price.
This Warranty does not cover "acts of God", incorrect use, owner abuse, malicious destruction, commercial use, or anything outside of a mechanical failure incurred with normal personal usage, and excludes any parts that normally wear out with usage.
Please retain your sales receipt as proof of purchase.